‘The journey starts here…’
Buildwas Academy Pre-school caters for children between the ages of 3-5 and will accommodate up to 12 pupils. No expense has been spared and resources both inside and out are of the highest quality.
Our staff are highly professional, experienced and qualified, with a passion for teaching and learning. All have necessary police checks, up-to-date safeguarding training and are also paediatric first-aiders. The Pre-school is managed by the EYFS Lead, who works closely with Academy staff to ensure that planning and delivery are first-class. This close working relationship will also ensure an effective and efficient transition into Reception for all those pupils accessing a place within the Academy.
Each child is entitled to 15 hours free childcare from the Department of Education. We are also able to accommodate those eligible for 30 hours free.
For more information please visit the Government Website:
OUR DAY (flexible):
“Passionate about education…”
As of September 2024 we offer sessions as follows:
Option A: 5 mornings (8:45-11:45am)
Option B: 5 afternoons (12:15-3:15pm)
Option C: 5 full days (8:45-3:15pm
Option D: half a week (Mon, Tues, Wed morning OR Wed afternoon, Thurs and Fri)
Staff welcome children at 8.45am or 12.15pm
We offer a play-based pedagogy that finely balances and blends the mix of adult led and child led learning to match the developmental needs of each child. Children will benefit from adult directed learning in phonic and maths alongside group work that covers the seven areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage. A Love of Reading will central to our practise and fostered from this early stage of your child’s education with us.
Learning will be offered both indoors and outdoors with children able to choose where they would like to learn during Play to Learn opportunities. Children will also be offered a healthy snack as part of their day.
“Working together, making a difference…”
- Develop a caring, safe and trusting atmosphere in which your child has the confidence to learn.
- Provide an engaging, well- resourced enabling environment which allows your child to build upon their intrinsic motivation to learn.
- Consider your child unique by taking into account their interests and learning styles, to provide stimulating teaching experiences that support all children’s learning and development.
- Work harmoniously in partnership with you, our parents, to ensure all children are nurtured to reach their full potential.
OPENING TIMES AND CHARGES:
“Committed to our service…”
- Monday to Friday morning sessions are 8.45am-11.45am.
- Monday to Friday afternoon sessions are 12.15pm-3.15pm.
- Any non-funded sessions are charged at a rate of £15 per 3-hour session.
- Breakfast Club operates from the main school hall from 7:45am-8.45am and is charged at £3.
- After-school Club runs from 3.15pm-5.30pm with a charge of £3 from 3.15pm-4.15pm and £4 from 4.15pm-5.30pm.
- The lunch-time club also takes place in the hall between 11.45am and 12.15pm, and is charged at £2. Children can bring in sandwiches or have a hot lunch at a charge of £4.45 (includes lunch cover price).
All Pre-School sessions are charged in advance on a monthly basis. Please note that fees are non-refundable. All fees include drinks and snacks.
“It’s the little things that count…”
Since we are a school nursery, the class teacher is responsible for all children. There will always be a teacher and a teaching assistant in the classroom working and playing alongside your child. If you would like to raise any issues or ask questions, please ensure that contact is made with the class teacher in the first instance.